Managing, importing, and supporting your customers is straight forward and easy when you know where to start. In this article, you'll learn a high level overview of where to manage your customers and members on the Member(dev) platform.
Manually Creating or Adding a New Member
- Click on "Manage Members" to the left hand side panel.
- To create a new member you'll need to click the button "Create Member" which will prompt- a pop-up window to appear.
- Fill in the field for first and last name, email, and password. Keep in mind you'll need to complete all required fields marked with an asterisk "*".
- Click the green "Create a Member" button
To update existing member accounts, follow the below steps.
- Find or search for the member that needs to be updated. Once found, select the "edit" icon marked as a pencil icon to the right of the member name.
- From the top bar menu, you'll see that the "General" details which will show fields including contact information, password details, billing address, shipping address and much more.
- To update general contact information update the appropriate fields.
- Once you are satisfied with the changes, select and click on the "Update Member" button to the bottom of the screen
If you would like to make additional changes beyond general updates to the member including cancellations, additional enrollments, or billing - please see our separate article and video outlining how to make these changes.
To import existing Wordpress accounts, you can download an import .CSV template on the "Import Member" option. Clicking this link will trigger a download which will provide all the text fields needed to import.
- Click on the "Import Members" button on the top portion of the screen
- (Optional - if migrating Wordpress or accounts not on the account ) Click on "Download Import Template" if you need to input any text fields into this template
- Upload .CSV file from your computer (with all text fields inputted ready for import)
- Then, select the membership you'd like to add these members' subscription - i.e. "Free membership, monthly subscription, etc."
- Finally, click on "Import Members" button
To manage member's existing subscription account or bundle access, click on the edit icon (shown as the pencil icon to the right of the member's name).
For more details on managing other aspects of your member's account, please review our in-depth article and video in a separate article.
Change or Update Membership Subscription
To change the subscription status for a member click on
- Click on the top menu entitled "Access Rights"
- From the drop down menu select the appropriate membership type
- Then click "Change Membership Status"
To prevent accidental changes to membership access, a pop-up will appear after selecting any of the below buttons.
To cancel, pause, or lock account - click on the following buttons:
- Cancel - To cancel an existing member's subscription and account
- Pause Membership - To pause a membership and stop existing payments and access
- Lock Account - To lock account and remove access for a member
Manually Add Bundle Access
To add bundles manually to a member's account, click on the "edit icon" to the right of the customer's name. Then, navigate to the "Access Rights" menu.
- Scroll down to the "Bundle" area on the screen
- Select the bundle from the drop down menu
- Click "Apply Bundle"
To manually add bundle access you can:
- Provide free access - Select the button "Comp Bundle". This will provide free access to the bundle or charge the billing details on the member's account
- Provide paid access - To provide paid access to the course, you can
- Email: Email a checkout link to the customer to the email account on file (after copying the checkout link)
- In-Person/Over the Phone/Virtual Transactions - Manually enter billing details into the checkout page to process the payment (perfect for in-person or over the phone transactions).
We hope this article has helped you get a brief overview of how to manage and update your members using our platform. If this article and video helped you, please rate this article. If you have any remaining questions, let us know by filling out an email at support(@) memberdev.com using the chat widget.