In this article, you'll learn how to further organize editing event types and categories. To learn more about how to use events, review the events overview help article.
Creating and Editing Event Types
To create a new event type, click on "Events" then, navigate to the link entitled "Event Type".
From there, you'll be able to edit and create new events.
Creating An Event Type
To create a new event type, follow the below steps.
- Edit the text field under "Name"
- Enter the slug or url you'd like to have this featured
- Enter a brief event type description
- Click "Add New Event Type" (the button at the bottom of the page)
- To view an event type hover over the event and click "View"
Adding the Event Type to Your Events
To edit your event types,
- Navigate to the event you'd like to to add the event type to
- Navigate to the right side of the event
- Then, click on the checkbox to signify the event type
In the example screenshot below, you'll see three examples of event types: In-person, virtual, and workshop.
Deleting Event Types
To delete an event type, follow the below steps
- Hover and click the checkbox to the left of the name of the event type you'd like to delete
- Click on the link that says "delete" under the event type name
Creating and Editing Event Categories
Similar to the process for creating and editing event categories, follow the steps below. Event categories can be best described as access specific to a membership or product level. For instance, you may have event categorized under a specific free or paid membership tier or level.
Creating Event Categories
To create an event category follow these steps:
- Enter event category name, url or "slug", and category description
- In the remaining sections, you'll see toggle buttons that will allow you customize access
- Toggle "Yes" under Category Access
Setting Event Access:
Category access gives you the ability to grant user access to different events. This gives users the ability to have the events, associated with their product or membership level, appear on their event dashboard. Depending on how your product or membership is configured, you can grant user access to either a membership level(s) or bundle access. Refer back to the "How to Create a Course Overview" guide, for more details on product and bundle configuration.
Membership & Bundle Access
To associate an event category with a membership level or bundle level, click on the appropriate button either "Add Membership Level" or "Add Bundle".
Once you have selected the appropriate access level, you can see a dropdown menu appear for what you would like to grant access.
For example, if you create access for community events for all members who pay for a one-time course, you can select "Starter Course".
As a secondary example, you can grant access for community events also be available for all members as well.
Note: Multiple membership levels and bundle access can be added by clicking on the appropriate button for each category access.
Force Subcategory access
Toggle "Yes" to indicate that any user that has access to this category will also be granted access to any subcategory.
Event Category Custom Color
To change the associated color of the event category, you can click and toggle the color swatch to the left of the "Select Color" tab.
To select a color, you can:
- Drag your cursor to manually select the color for the category
- Enter a HEX code number in the text field
- Or select a standard color in the color boxes below
Editing Event Categories
To edit an event category follow the below steps.
- Navigate to "Events"
- Click on "Event Categories" then, hover under the name of the event category you would like to edit
- Click on the link that says "edit"
- Here, you can configure the settings originally set
- To view the event category, click on the link below the event category name that says "view"
Deleting Event Categories
To delete an event category follow the below steps
- Hover and click the checkbox to the left of the name of the event category you'd like to delete
- Click on the link that says "delete" under the event category name